Agaraktaxi (Agaraktaxi LLC) is committed to protecting your privacy. As an Armenian company, we strictly comply with the Armenian local privacy laws but also strive for best international practice.
The users of the Agaraktaxi service grant their consent for the processing of personal data during the installation of the Agaraktaxi app.
Agaraktaxi app only collects and processes the personal data submitted by the users in the course of installation and use of the Agaraktaxi app. A taxi user’s disclosure of his or her geographical location data is a precondition for using the Agaraktaxi service.
We explain below how Agaraktaxi collects and uses personal data with the Agaraktaxi app.
1. What personal data we collect and process?
- Name, telephone number, e-mail address, feedback ratings and payment information of the app user;
- Geographical location of the taxi user, the time of provision of taxi service, and the destination;
- Identification data of the device on which the Agaraktaxi app has been installed;
- Cookies of the Agaraktaxi website save the website user’s telephone number and geographic location data.
- Calls may also be monitored or recorded for quality assurances purposes.
2. The purpose of collecting personal data
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of matching up a taxi user with a provider of the taxi service;
- We forward the data on geographic location and telephone number of the taxi user to the taxi service provider to enable the provider to decide whether the potential taxi user is located nearby and whether to provide the taxi service to this user;
- We use the personal data of the taxi user to resolve any service quality issues between Agaraktaxi and the taxi service provider;
- We use contact details to notify customers of updates to the Agaraktaxi service;
- We collect data on the routes taken by the Agaraktaxi service users to analyse the geographic coverage of the service in order to make recommendations to the taxi service providers;
- The personal data collected via the Agaraktaxi app will not be used for identification of persons or their locations, nor for the purpose of behavioural marketing.
3. The method of collecting personal data
- We collect data on the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of Agaraktaxi users during the process of the Agaraktaxi app installation;
- We only collect data on the geographic location if the Agaraktaxi app has been activated;
- The collection of geographic location data stops after the Agaraktaxi app is closed in the user’s device.
4. Disclosure of personal data to third parties
- The personal data of taxi users is only disclosed to those taxi service providers who have activated the Agaraktaxi app; in this case, they will see the geographic location only of the person who ordered a taxi;
- The feedback on the quality of the taxi service is anonymous and taxi service providers do not receive information on the names and telephone numbers of the persons who provided feedback;
- We will not disclose the personal data or geographic locations of Agaraktaxi users to any third parties or public authorities, except if the person requesting data has a legal basis for doing so pursuant to the legislation of the country of location.
5. Security and deletion of data
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the Agaraktaxi service is stored in the data centers. Only authorised employees of Agaraktaxi LLC have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the Agaraktaxi service;
- If a Agaraktaxi user would like to delete the personal data collected via the app, he or she can do so by submitting a written request to our customer support via firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Personal data of taxi drivers
- We only collect and process personal data of taxi drivers to the extent necessary for verifying the driver’s qualifications for pursuing this professional activity and safeguarding the contractual relations associated with the Agaraktaxi service. We do not disclosure the personal data of taxi drivers to third parties.
- Using the Agaraktaxi app, a taxi service operator can see the geographic location of a driver, information on dispatches and the times of using the service. If a taxi driver would like for his or her geographic location not to be visible via the Agaraktaxi app, he or she can disable the app.